21 October 2010

Oatmeal Cookies…

I made a batch of Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies today and thought I would share the recipe.  There are a few things in them that might surprise you.  They are so tasty!

  • 1/2 c. coconut oil
  • 1/2 c. brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 t. vanilla
  • 1/2 t. salt
  • 1 c. oatmeal (I like regular oats.)
  • 2 T. flax seeds
  • 1/4 c. wheat germ
  • 1 c. whole wheat pastry flour (spoon into measuring cup, then level with a knife)
  • 3/4 t. baking powder
  • 1/2 c. raisins
  • 1/2 c. chopped pecans
  • 1/2 c. chocolate chips (My new favorite kind of chips to use are Hershey’s Special Dark.  Thank you Kimberly!)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray or line pans with parchment; set aside.

In a large bowl mix coconut oil and brown sugar until creamy.  Add egg, vanilla and salt. In a second bowl, combine oats, flax seeds, wheat germ, flour and baking powder, then add to oil and sugar mixture.  Stir well to combine thoroughly.  Fold in raisin, pecans and chocolate chips.

Drop dough by the spoonful (I use a small ice cream scoop) onto prepared pans.  Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.  Cool on pans for a few minutes before moving them to a wire rack.

No comments: