11 October 2008

Progress... I think

Yesterday morning was rough. I mean really bad. He just kept pooping in his undies. I kept taking him, but it just wasn't working. I was ready to give up. *Sigh* Then in the afternoon, probably because he was done pooping, he started telling me that he had to go. He has never done that before. So I thought maybe all wasn't lost. I put him in a diaper for bed last night, the pull ups just weren't cutting it. This morning was a little haired, we had a soccer game at 9 and were running late. He had been up for awhile, I had even showered, and I told him to come in and go. I figured that his diaper was wet, so I hadn't bugged him about it. He came in to go, reluctantly, but peeped a bunch and off he went. It wasn't until a few minutes later that I discovered that his diaper was dry!!!! Yeah! So off we went to soccer. It was cold and poor Max had to get pulled from the warmth of his bed to leave. We didn't realize how cold it was and weren't exactly prepared. Rick took his jacket off to wrap around Max. Evelyn was layered, but her hands were freezing. She doesn't do real well when she is cold. Sam did ok. Max and I finally headed to the truck to warm up. He was just too cold. A while later, I see Rick and the kids coming, but no stroller. They warmed up for a minute and then Sam gave his jacket to his sister to wear so that Rick could have his jacket back. The boys and I stayed in the warm truck. Back to the potty business... I kept asking him how he was doing, he was in undies. I think it was around 8:30 when he used the potty this morning. He kept saying he was fine, there was no poop or pee. Gulp... So the game finished up and I decided to brave running to the store. I had been the night before, but had forgot a couple of things. So off we went. He still said he was fine. Gulp... We made it home, dry, and he went as soon as we came in the house. Yeah!! So I feel that we have made some progress. He still hasn't pooped today, that seems to be our down fall. Hopefully (I am keeping my fingers crossed) things will go better today. He keeps telling me he won't poop and pee in his undies, I really want to believe him...

4 comments:

SuSu said...

Then believe him and let it go :-)
If he has an accident that is what it is an accident. Be brave he will get it with patience and time. Keep smiling!

Kimberly said...

Wahoo! That's great progess...more than is going on at our house anyway. Happy day!

Quarantine Coronacation said...

Yeah for peeing in the potty!!!

Simple things can bring a lot of joy!

Jenn said...

Sam will get it, i promise!! He won't be in diapers til he's 10.
and, totally off topic, but i really think you should post that stew recipe *wink, wink* also, the kids' swim teacher is DJ, i think. she's great tho!!