Tonight for dinner I made a fabulous pizza that I thought I would share with you all. I didn't think about blogging it until I was already into the process, so I didn't get pictures of it right at the beginning. Here goes...
First, I ground my wheat (Hee, hee! Just thought I would share that), so that I could make the dough. Here is the dough recipe that I use. I got it at an Enrichment Night years ago and love it.1 c. warm water
1T. yeast
1 t. sugar
Combine and let it do its thing while you get everything else ready.
1 c. wheat flour
1c. white flour
1 T. oil
1 t. salt
Combine and add about 1/2 c. more flour to make a nice soft dough. Roll out, brush with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt (thank you Best Bites for that tip) and pre-bake crust @ 400 for 10 minutes. Add toppings and bake 12 more.
After pre-baking the crust, I topped it with this,
then some mozzarella cheese. Now for the loveliness...Shrimp
Artichoke hearts
Pesto
fresh tomatoes, chopped
lemon juice
I didn't think to take a picture of the shrimp while I was cutting it, so here is one when it has already been marinating.
I cut the shrimp in half length wise so that it would cook faster. Anyway, mix the above and let marinate while you are getting your dough together. My artichoke hearts where the marinated type. I rinsed them, so they wouldn't be so oily. I think I used about a tablespoon of lemon juice, don't know about the pesto. It was some that I got from Costco (very tasty, highly recommend) that I had frozen in small amounts. You will need to kind of let this mix drain a little through your hands before putting in on your crust, otherwise things will be too soggy.
I added a little more cheese just to hold everything together and then back in the oven it went for 12 more minutes. It was REALLY tasty! I shared a piece with my neighbor and she enjoyed, hope you will too.
2 comments:
*cheer* i'm so proud of you for using shrimp!
This is Melanie (in case you were wondering 'who is this Melfy person?') That pizza looks delish! Bread type stuff always scares me but I think I could handle making that dough. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment