Today is a friends birthday, so I thought I would whip up some cupcakes for her. I wanted to do something pumpkin & went to Allrecipes.com to do a little research. After I found what looked like a good recipe, I went to my boards on Pinterest (looking for something else), & low and behold I already had a pumpkin cupcake recipe pinned. I ended up using that recipe with a couple of changes.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Line cupcake pans with paper liners; set aside. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice and cardamom; set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the pumpkin and eggs. Beat on medium speed until well combined. Add sugar, mixing well. Add dry ingredients until just combined, then add coconut oil. Mix on medium high speed for 3 minutes.
Divide batter evenly among liners, filling each about 2/3 full. Bake until tops spring back when touched, and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool completely.
Cinnamon Vanilla Buttercream
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon cinnamon
- 6-8 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
With an electric mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add sugar and vanilla. Beat, on low speed to combine. Add milk if needed to reach desired consistency.
2 comments:
Those look so yummy!
oh my GOSHHH! I'm loving pumpkin right now, my newest favorite frozen yogurt is pumpkin and vanilla swirl with caramel sauce and pecans. YUM.
Post a Comment