Last night the kids and I went to a wedding reception for a sweet girl in our old ward. I told the kids before we left that we would be seeing people we had not seen in a long time and they would tell them how big they were and all that jazz. I wanted to get there close to the beginning so I wouldn’t miss anyone. It was a reunion of sorts. It was so good to catch up with a couple of old friends and get some great hugs from people. When we moved, I never intended to lose touch with people, but it just happens. Life goes on and is busy. I savor moments like these…
2 comments:
Oh,I feel you. We moved just 12 minutes from our old house and had every intention of closeness to old friends and frequent reunions, but it's a tricky balance of starting a new adventure while keeping in touch with old friends. I too LOVE reunions, and the laughter and stories and happiness they bring.
I was so sad to not be able to go to the wedding. It seems like every time one of "my girls" gets married we have prior plans. It would have been so nice to see everyone.
Post a Comment