Today I bottled 10 quarts of apple pie filling. I’d never done it before, but it turned out pretty well. I never could have done it without my trusty apple corer slicer thingy.
If you don’t have one, you need one! I peeled 34 apples in no time flat. Dang, I should have timed it. Oh well.
I used a recipe I found on Allrecipes.com. I did add some additional spices… more cinnamon, more nutmeg, cloves, allspice and just a little ginger and I omitted the
yellow food coloring. I didn’t see the point in it. It took me a couple of bottles to get the hang of how to fill them without making a huge mess. I found layering the sauce and apples the easiest approach.
3 comments:
You amaze me with how you just jump in and do something. I always think, "I'd love for someone to teach me that," but you just get down to work and I LOVE IT!
I love canning! Great job!!
tomorrow is the day! yippee!
Post a Comment