21 May 2011

Tooting Her Horn…

Today was Evelyn’s ballet recital and I’m going to do a little horn tooting! She did wonderful and looked beautiful. At the end of the recital her teacher had some awards to give out. Evelyn received the “En Pointe Award” for an outstanding year at ballet. Only one of these awards is given each year and it brought tears to my eyes to see Evelyn be the girl chosen out of 17 girls. By getting this award she will get 20% off tuition for the next year! I don’t think she really understands what a big deal this is. She worked so hard and we are so proud of her. I didn’t realize how well she was doing until going to the dress rehearsal Friday night. She dances around the house all the time, but I could really see a ballet dancer in her this weekend.

Unfortunately I’m still a novice with our new video camera. I recorded in too high of a mode to upload to the web. Sorry! So if you want to see her performance, you’ll have to come see us and watch it on the big screen! lol!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Woohoo!!! Congrats to Evelyn!! What a pretty ballerina she makes as well.

Brittani said...

so what exactly did you do with my niece and with who did you replace her. I am not sure if it is the big front teeth, or the slicked back hair and no bangs, but that does not look like my little evie...she is sooooo grown up. And her poses look like a graceful ballerina, cannot wait to have her dance for us here!

SuSu said...

WOW oh WOW. So grown up crazy to me! Congrats on the award. Oh and it is great to see all the recent posts! Keep up the good work, I love it.