Ada Wentworth is left with nothing after the death of her father and aunt. She leaves her home in Boston and finds work as a companion to Lillian Willis, a widow that lives in Hickory Ridge, Tennessee. Being a Yankee in the South after the Civil War proves to be a challenge for Ada. She struggles to make a place for herself and hopes of building a future doing what she loves, making beautiful hats for the woman of Hickory Ridge. Not all the towns people are welcoming to Ada. There is deep resentment toward the North after the war.
I really enjoyed Beyond All Measure by Dorothy Love. There are several twists and turns to the story that, for me, made it hard to put down. It’s a story of faith. A reminder that we need to rely not just on ourselves, but those around us.
I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.
1 comment:
oh how i miss reading since i went back to work and my life is so busy... i will have to put this on my list-ada was my grandma's name. <3
Post a Comment