10 May 2011

The Lightkeeper’s Ball by Colleen Coble

_225_350_Book.377.coverAfter learning about the death of her sister Eleanor, Olivia Stewart is determined to find the real cause of her death.  Knowing her sister as she does, Olivia is convinced that Eleanor didn’t kill herself. She leaves the comforts of New York and the life she knows, traveling to Mercy Falls, California to find out what happened. She suspects Eleanor’s betrothed, Harrison Bennett had something to do with Eleanor’s death, but the more she gets to know him, the more she is convinced he had no part in it. After several attempts made on Olivia’s life, Harrison helps her solve the mystery.

This book was a quick read that I really enjoyed. The mystery revolving around Eleanor’s death leads Olivia down a path she never expected. She discovers things about herself that she never would have, had she not gone to Mercy Falls. She comes to recognize who her true friends are and learns to rely on a faith she didn’t know she had. I love historical fiction, the mystery and romance were a bonus. I really didn’t want the book to end.

I had never read anything from this author before and plan on looking into her other books.

*** I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html>

1 comment:

SuSu said...

I will have to add this to my list. It sounds like a good one.