I have been craving Clam Chowder and decided to try a different recipe this time. I have never had Manhattan Clam Chowder before, but thought it would be a little healthier then it's tasty cousin. I looked at a couple of recipes to get an idea and then just threw it together. I thought it turned out pretty good. Evelyn and Max ate it; 2 out of 3 ain't bad! I didn't really measure the spices or keep track of how many veggie I cut up, so just use your best judgment. Here goes-


3 cans of clams, drained juice reserved
2 can of diced tomatoes with juice
1 onion, diced
3-4 carrots, cut into rounds
2-3 stalks of celery, diced
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
3-4 potatoes peeled and diced (not too small)
EVOO
chicken broth
1-2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
1-2 teaspoons Thyme
2-3 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
salt and pepper, to taste
Add enough chicken broth to the reserved clam juice to equal 3 cups. Saute the onion and celery for a few minutes, then add carrots and garlic. Cook just a minute more, you don't want the garlic to brown. Then add the broth, tomatoes, potatoes and seasoning. Bring to boil, then simmer until veggies are tender. Add clams and heat through.
4 comments:
that looks good! you totally need to start inviting me over for dinner!!!
thanks for posting Amy!! you know i love your recipes.
It was so fun to see you at the wedding! You'll have to send me the photos you took! I don't have a single one and I'm dying to see pics! Anyway, THANKS for coming and bringing your hubs. It was way fun to chat for a sec. I have to admit that I tell Chris all the time I want to come see you so you can do my hair. I've had one too many traumas with hair people lately. eek. Anyway, you're a doll!
Oh my. That looks so yummy! I will have to give that recipe a try! Thanks for posting it! And thanks for the sweet blog comment!
Post a Comment