Going off my last post about being en example, there is something that I really need to work on. I want to show my kids how to be healthy and right now I'm not. I am hoping by putting this down in writing, it will make me more accountible. I am the heaviest I have ever been, not pregnant. Three out of the four of us Allred kids got the (how do I put this without being mean) skinny gene. I am the one that didn't. Not that that is an excuse. I just have to work harder and I haven't been. Looking back at last years goals, many were accomplished, but some yet again got pushed aside. I will say, I started the year off good. I was exercising and eating better and then I don't know what happened. Old habits die hard. I am making a resolve to do better. I'm not one that can cut everything out, I have to be gradual. If I say to myself I can't have something, I want it that much more. So for now, I am just going to eat better and EXERCISE. That seems to be my big one. I just don't really like it. I feel right now, I don't have a choice. I have to like it or at least tolerate it. I don't think it's any big secret that I would like to have one more baby, and hopefully we will be able too. I know it will be a much easier pregnancy if I lose weight and got into a better habit now. That's what I am calling this, not a diet, but a habit. That's what it is. Habits can be good or bad. I would like to turn my bad habit into a good one. So for all of you out there who like to exercise and have good habits, just give me a little encouragement, but please don't push. I know what I need to be doing and look for you as my example. For those of you who need to make a new habit, good luck to you. And the journey begins...
6 comments:
I wish you luck - as I too am starting this journey again. Each year I keep ending up 10 lbs lighter...so I guess that is good.
Here is an easy way to help you - my doctor gave me this and I lost 20 lbs so far. (Without excercising...that is added this year.)
Take your weight and mutiply that by 12. That is the number of calories you can eat in a day to maintain your current weight. If you subtract 500 calories per day you will lose a pound a week. (3500 calories = 1lb.) And make sure you write down everything that you eat!
Hope this helps! Good luck!!!
jenn and i often joke that we are glad we both struggle with eating healthy and exercising, and that one of us just isn't naturally skinny and would have to hate the other for it! haha! but, it's a hard goal, a very worthy one, but i obviously struggle with it too. the one thing i haven't tried yet is just turning it all over the the Lord. I feel like i should be able to take control in this situation and be disciplined enough to eat right and exercise. yet, i think what i really may need is some good ol' fashioned divine assistance! good luck, you are a very motivated, organized person, so i know you are capable of this goal! keep us updated!
I agree with Erin. You are the most organized person I know, so I know you can accomplish whatever good habit you choose to create!! I've started to let Alex exercise with me. He is pretty persistent and can do most of the videos I do. He motivates me because I don't want him outdoing me LOL Sadly, he is better at yoga than I am. Plus, he is excited to exercise every day which adds to my motivation. I know he probably won't want to keep it up after awhile, but, hopefully by then, I'll be in the habit. Good luck Amy! We are cheering you on!
I hear you on NOT getting the "skinny gene"! I think all the
Clarks got passed by when that was handed out.
I took your advice and got a copy of that software, now I just need to find the time to figure it out. I might be bugging you for help.
It was great to see you and chat on Christmas Eve.
Have you checked out Paul McKenna's books and show, I Can Make You Thin? Its all about eating what you want when you are hungry, chewing your food slowly and stopping when you are no longer full. Its good stuff. And you never feel deprived.
Good luck! I think there is definitely no set program, it's all up to each of us! I really need to do this as well..maybe you'll be my example?? Way to go Amy!
Post a Comment