05 November 2011

Growing Pains…

Thursday afternoon as I sat in Evelyn’s room helping her with a writing assignment, something hit me. A growing pain of sorts. No one told me that mom’s had them. I remember having them as a kid… life was so rough. (Or so I thought at times. Who didn’t think that a time or 2 while young?) This one was different. Until that moment I neverIMAG0118 copy thought what it was like for my parents to watch us grow up. She looked so grown up sitting there. My heart actually hurt a little. I can tell you I have a wide range of emotions about it. On one hand it is amazing to see my children learning and progressing, becoming independent. On the other had it is scary to see them learning and progressing, becoming independent. I just hope what we are teaching them will be enough, that the choices they make will reflect what they know.

8 comments:

skcoe said...

Ouch.

BUT. She is beautiful, and kind, and full of energy and life and happiness and I think she's amazing.

Just so you know.

Colby Leishman said...

I've had those a time or two. You put it into words beautifully. And just so you know, I think you are raising an amazing little gal there. :)

Jackie said...

p.s. That was me :)

SuSu said...

And so it goes. I too remember those thoughts; "were we doing enough!" I'm not sure we did but despite what we did or didn't do, I can say we have some pretty amazing children who are raising some even more amazing grandchildren.

Ashley Allred said...

I was actually thinking the same thing...about Teigen. I just realized today that he will be going to primary in just 2 months. That just seems too old.
That girl of yours is amazing. I just think she is so smart...maybe sometimes a little bit of smarty pants too...but it's in her blood. You can't stop that from happening...I've personally discovered that. lol.
You are such a great mom and teacher.

Nyree said...

I ditto Jackie. Love the words. Evelyn is such a sweet girl. She makes me smile whenever I see her. And her voice... to die for.

heidi and tom said...

this post was perfect.

Langworthy said...

She does look very grown up in this picture!!