You’re probably going to laugh, but today I shed a tear for a chair. This wasn’t just any chair, it was the greatest
chair. Great for reading, feeding, rocking, photo shooting, snuggling with Susu, and listening to tunes, among other things. It was the last piece to the first real set of furniture we
bought, we sold the other pieces before moving. It was really too big for the corner of our piano/living room, so I decided it was time
for it to find a new home. It was also in the spot we put the Christmas tree in and was really hard to get into our bedroom during Christmas tree season. I think most of all for me, it represented babies.
It was my favorite place to sit and nurse our babies in. I know we are done having babies at our house, but seeing tha
t chair leave was harder then I thought it would be. I know it went to the right home though, a family expecting their first baby in a couple of months. A girl… very fitting. I hope they love the chair as much as we have.
09 November 2011
The End of an Era…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
i cried when i gave my infant car seat and strollers away. have fun with a new chair!
Ahhhhhhh I will miss that chair! I don't think I could do that...well I know I couldn't. It would first have to move downstairs, then disappear when I wasn't looking. I know shocking!
that was my favorite chair to sit in too!! so sad. but we're cleaning out furniture too. getting crowded over here now.
Geez, that was so sweet you almost made me cry!
I have fond memories of that chair too!! That's where you always sat during our presidency meetings.
I can totally relate! When I was expecting Hannah, my Dad let me "borrow" his lazy boy chair. Now, 12 yeas later, it is still my favorite place to cuddle my kids for movie nights! It is ugly, worn and the most comfortable seat in the house. Lots of memories in that chair. Great post!
Post a Comment