26 January 2011

My Favorite Book as A Child…

Today over @ Chocolate on My Cranium the challenge was to share your favorite book from childhood… that was easy!

image

I love these books! I think I started reading them when I was in 6th grade, maybe 5th. I can’t wait for Evelyn to read them. I loved getting lost in the the magic that L.M. Montgomery created. I’ve read the set through @ least 2, of not 3, times. It’s probably time to read them again.

image

14 comments:

Judi said...

Can you believe I didn't read these until I was in my early 20's??? I love them too. Who doesn't love Anne?

Cellista said...

I love these books too. This reminds me that I was rereading the entire series a few years back and never actually finished! I have 3 books to go!

JRoberts said...

I just bought these (got them for a steal at $1 for the complete set!) because I managed to get to almost 34 and have never read them! :)

Jeanette said...

I've been slowly re-reading the series the last couple of years. I've got two more to go.
I too am excited for the opportunity to share these books with my daughter in a few years.

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Anne is the greatest!

Jenn said...

I just reread this series last fall and I think I enjoyed it even more that time than when i was younger. I can't wait until Ashlee is old enough that we can read them together either!!

Montserrat said...

I started adoring Anne at about age 11. I finally brought home my collection of books from my parents house several years ago and now my daughters are enjoying them!

SuSu said...

I just downloaded a couple on my Kindle. Great suggestion!

kjha said...

I am a HUGE ANNE fan! I just couldn't believe it if someone said they didn't like them. I admit here to swiping the copy we had growing up...just didn't feel right to read it in any other way!

Collette said...

I was looking at my (identical) set the other day and thinking that I should read them again! But, am I weird to only like the first half? When Anne starts getting older and her kids become the main story line I feel all sad and stop reading them. I've heard Rilla is wonderful but I'm still stuck on Anne.

Ashley Allred said...

I love these books too! And the movies for that matter!

Rachel said...

I loved these books so much that I named my oldest daughter Anne!

She thinks the books are boring, but she is just 11, so we'll see.

briana said...

i love to read. i need to buy these for burke. thanks for the idea!

Courtney said...

I am so impressed how many times you have read through them all. I loved them up until book 6 and then I just couldn't keep motivated. They are such a joy to read.