14 November 2010

Best Pumpkin Pie…

EVER!  A friend from my ward posted this recipe on Facebook, so I decided to try it today for our Family Home Evening treat.  It was so good.  Rick said it was the best pumpkin pie he had ever had.  We ate it while it was still warm… all of it!

Cream Cheese Pumpkin Pie

  • 2 cups pumpkin puree (strained if fresh)
  • 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese (room temperature)
  • 1 c. sugar
  • 1 t. cinnamon
  • 1/2 t. ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 t. ground ginger
  • 1/2 c. milk or cream
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 t. vanilla
  • 1/2 t. almond extract
  • 1 pie crust

Cream the cream cheese and pumpkin puree until smooth.  Mix in sugar and spices.  Add liquid ingredients and mix until completely blended together.  Pour into pie crust and bake at 375 degrees for approximately 60 minutes (I baked mine for 1 hour 15 minutes).  Check for doneness by inserting a knife in center of pie.  Pie is done if knife comes out clean.

I tried to take pictures of Max to add to this post… he caught on to Sam’s antics of closing his eyes when I tried to snap the picture… stink face!

3 comments:

Jenna said...

That looks TASTY!

Jess said...

Max is so cute Amy.

Langworthy said...

I'm going to try the recipe for Thanksgiving. Is pumpkin puree just canned pumpkin????