I decided that it was time for a change. Don't get me wrong, I have been loving the fall weather. I can't remember when the last time we had a fall like this. I'm not trying to bring on the snow or anything, I hope I didn't just curse our weather. This brings to mind years ago when I was first married and a member of the YW presidency. We were at Girls Camp and having some funny weather. It was June. I think we were the first to use the camp that year. We were trying to keep the girls busy and out of the wet weather. They decided that each day would be a different seasonal holiday. That day they decorated cookies and took them to the other wards while singing Christmas carols. Low and behold, we woke up to 2 feet of snow the next morning. Needless to say, camp was cut short that year. We didn't even have enough vehicles to get our stuff and the girls down the mountain. So we piled in and took the girls down, leaving our stuff for the men to come back and get. When they went back the next day, all the snow was gone, as if it had never been there. I had no intention of blogging about this... it's funny what brings back memories.
1 comment:
I have been out of the blog "mode" for obvious reasons and missed this before we left town. It is funny how memories float back. Love your new "look" by the way.
Post a Comment