I'm not sure how Sam knew that it was Testimony Meeting today, but as soon as we got to the chapel he said he wanted to go up. Now for any of you that know him, he isn't a real crowd lover. This would be his second time to go up. The first time, I missed, because I was feeding Max. Well, not to be out done by her brother, Evelyn said she wanted to go up too. Mind you, there was no coaxing on our parts. Rick took them both up as soon as the counselor in the Bishopric sat down. They weren't first, another family beat them to the punch. Sam went first and he froze. Poor guy! He really wanted to do it, but was just too scared. He and Rick sat down (on the stand) and Evelyn went up. She bore a sweet testimony without any help from dad. What a birthday present! It brought tears to my eyes. Sam tried one more time, but just couldn't do it. He tried and that's what matters. Why is it hard for us to bare our testimonies? I am speaking mainly of myself, maybe it isn't hard for the rest of you. Maybe it would be easier if I know when I got up there I could relay what I was feeling through my words and not my tears. We are brothers and sisters in the gospel working toward the same goal, it shouldn't be so hard. But it is. I believe in the gospel and am so grateful that I have an elder brother who was willing to pay the ultimate price for my sins with his life. I found this and thought I would share.
Testimony Is as Powerful as Any Force on Earth
"You have been reserved to come forth at this particular time when the gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored to the earth. Speaking of the gospel and of testimony, President Gordon B. Hinckley said: '[The] thing which we call testimony . . . is as real and powerful as any force on the earth. . . . It is found in young and old. . . It brings with it the assurance that life is purposeful, that some things are of far greater importance than others, that we are on an eternal journey, that we are answerable unto God' ("Testimony,"Ensign, May 1998, 69-70)."
President Thomas S. Monson, "Be Thou an Example," Ensign, May 2005
I hope that you are all looking forward to General Conference this weekend and the spirit that it brings, I know I am. To have a living Prophet on the earth is an amazing thing. Let us each carry a testimony in our hearts, that we might have the opportunity to share it.
1 comment:
Isn’t it amazing we were both on the same page? I guess 800 miles isn’t so far after all when our spirits are right next to each other. Wow, how great is that!!
Post a Comment