24 September 2008

Motivation...

What motivates you? As defined my Wikipedia, motivation is the reason or reasons for engaging in a particular behavior,...These reasons may include basic needs such as food or a desired object, hobbies, goal, state of being, or ideal. I didn't think I wanted to delve into the world of blogging, but here I am. My motivation was when Brittani mentioned there was a place to have your blog printed at the end of a year. I am not a good journal keeper, in fact, I'm not a journal keeper at all. I am a good scrapbooker. I feel that the lives of my children have been pretty well documented up till now. I on the other hand, am non- existent. Rick is always saying we need to take pictures with me in them, but I am usually the one holding the camera. I like to avoid photo ops. Why don't I want my picture taken... that's a whole other thing. It has to do with motivation... I need to lose 30 lbs. and haven't found the motivation to do it. So tell me what drives you to do what you do? It's easy to do things we like, but what about the hard things? I have tried hard in different ares of my life to make improvements this year. I started a scrapbook for myself, it may take 50 years to fill it, but I did it. I made of list of goals for myself and made it into a scrapbook page, there to remind me in print what I wanted to do this year. Maybe I need to look at it more often to remind myself. One of my goals was to potty train Sam. There again is that motivation word. He has none, so what am I to do? lol!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

glad to see you started a blog, amy!! Guilt is a huge motivator for me. I kind of hate to admit it, but it's true. My kids also motivate me to do more than I normally would. For example, me being a soccer mom. Good for you for starting a scrapbook about yourself--i really liked that. Like you, I am not in many pictures because I am usually the one taking them. Tho, lately, my budding photographers have taken some great ones of my midsection--Yikes! maybe I don't want more pics of me!! LOL

Kimberly said...

I think progress motivates me. When I see things starting to change, starting to look better I find it much easier to keep moving. When I start picking up my house it starts to look more put together, then I see something else I can do and then all of the sudden my house looks fabulous!