22 March 2012

Happy Birthday Sam!

You would have thought that today was Christmas and last night Christmas Eve… except for the fact that our children don’t have any problems going to sleep on Christmas Eve and often have to be woken up on Christmas morning.

Sam could NOT sleep last night. When Rick came home and went to check on them, he found Sam on the top bunk in his sisters room. Not sure when that happened. When I tucked him in he was in his own bed. At 11 p.m. he came downstairs chipper as could be. He thought he had slept and had just woken up real early. Thinking about it makes me tired… He stayed up and watched a basketball game with Rick and then slept with us. I’m not a kid in my bed person, but of all our kids, he’s the easiest one to have with us… until last night. His knees kept ending up in my back. I need a nap today!

Anyway, back to the birthday boy. He wanted waffles and sausage for breakfast, so I got up this morning to get things ready so we could all eat together before Rick left for work. Sam asked if he could open presents before breakfast… again, he was so excited. After the present carnage, I told him the only school he had to do today was his spelling since he has a test tomorrow. I thought it was only fair because the other kids have summer birthday’s and won’t have to do school on their birthday’s. He was totally down with that. I also told him he didn’t have to do any jobs today, the other kids would be doing them for him. He also didn’t have a problem with that. I did forewarn Evelyn of these events yesterday. I didn’t want to blow her mind or hear any whining about it today. You know about how life isn’t fair and all that garbage!

Sam has made quick work of his new Lego set and I’m sure there will be plenty more buildings come to life from the Lego Book of Ideas he got from Papa and Susu. He’s had a ton of fun flying the kite he got from Auntie M and Uncle Sergio. He recently got a couple new cars for his electric train and Grammy and Grandpa got him a building to add to his set. I think it’s been a pretty good day for the kiddo! Can’t believe he’s 7! He’s requested homemade pizza with sausage for dinner and we are going out for ice cream after lunch. (He doesn’t know that part yet!)

 

3 comments:

SuSu said...

Sounds like he had a grand birthday!

Ashley Allred said...

Happy Birthday Sammy! Can't wait to see you in just a couple weeks!!!

Karen said...

I can't believe our boys are 7! When did that happen?