Last night I decided that I needed to make Evelyn a dress for Easter. Easter is a week away… Why do I do this to myself? I also thought I need to make bow ties for the boys that match her dress. Again… Why do I do this to myself? I did some searching on-line last night and found a couple of patterns… the one I finally decided on they didn’t have in stock, so I had to find something else. I actually think this one will be easier… no zipper! We went to Joann Fabric today and got everything (I hope) I need. I’ll keep you (there is someone out there reading this, right?) posted on my progress.
***Update: The dress is coming together nicely. I'll probably have it finished today. The only snag I ran into was turning the ties. How do you turn something that is sewn closed at one end and is really narrow?
***Update: The dress is coming together nicely. I'll probably have it finished today. The only snag I ran into was turning the ties. How do you turn something that is sewn closed at one end and is really narrow?
10 comments:
Oh, I can't wait to see them when they are done! Let me know if you need the kids to come to my house for a play-date so that you can them finished.
I made Annie a dress using a pattern called Instant Gratification. It was super easy and its cute. Not going to attempt dresses for the other girls or a tie though. Good luck.
cannot wait to see
Well you have my respect - I couldn't do it
Hooray!!
Turning the ties can be a pain. There are tools you can buy but I usually slide a chopstick into the tube and use it and a pair of tweezers to push/pull chunks of fabric right side out a little at a time. It takes a while but I figure I don't do it often enough to justify buying another gadget.
Good luck! Can't wait to see pics.
BTW: that deleted post up there is me, I didn't realize I was signed in on the wrong account until it posted. Oops.
evelyn sat on the front row in primary on sunday. i asked her if you made her skirt and flower on her shirt?! she pointed out that you used the same buttons on her scripture bag tote and shirt! too cute that girl! darling little clothes i might add! i don't doubt that you can do it by easter and that they will be adorable.
oh and yes a crochet needle works awesome! or you can buy special tools...
Love those last minute ideas, sometimes that is what I need to get me going, then I really have to organize my time. There is a trick to narrow turning, it has been a while since my narrow turning days, I will have to think on that one!
may i say how cute the dress turned out! you could dress the kids in rags you know this right? the bow ties i caught a glimpse of, but evelyn sits on the front row, she is hard to miss!
Holy Cow!!! You and Kim and your creativity and sewing skills! I'm in awe. The dress is beautiful.
Post a Comment