Sounds like a horror movie doesn't it. I think there is a movie by that name, but that doesn't have anything to do with that I am going to post about... Halloween to me is a little kid holiday, at least the Trick or Treating part is. I can't stand when big kids come to my door and this year I had a lot of that. My aunt gives the big kids Dumb Dumb's and everyone else gets chocolate. I should have done that this year.
I'm going to tell you about one of these big kids and I want you to tell me what you would have done in my situation. Two boys came to my door, one being around 12 I would say (which in my mind is the cut off age) and another boy that had more facial hair then my 31 year old brother! (Which I know isn't hard, but come on!) I put candy in the 12 year olds bag and then the Facial Hair kid holds out his hands... no bag, no costume. I told him no. He didn't have a costume or a bag, so he was out of luck. The rest of the night, every time the door knocked I excepted it to be Facial Hair kid back to beat up the mean lady who wouldn't give him any candy. My thinking is, if you can grow that kind of facial hair, surely you can get a job and buy your own candy. So tell me... what would you have done?
I'm going to tell you about one of these big kids and I want you to tell me what you would have done in my situation. Two boys came to my door, one being around 12 I would say (which in my mind is the cut off age) and another boy that had more facial hair then my 31 year old brother! (Which I know isn't hard, but come on!) I put candy in the 12 year olds bag and then the Facial Hair kid holds out his hands... no bag, no costume. I told him no. He didn't have a costume or a bag, so he was out of luck. The rest of the night, every time the door knocked I excepted it to be Facial Hair kid back to beat up the mean lady who wouldn't give him any candy. My thinking is, if you can grow that kind of facial hair, surely you can get a job and buy your own candy. So tell me... what would you have done?
7 comments:
The same thing. That's rediculous!!
Dumb dumbs are almost too nice, they're still candy! Maybe they should get pencils or stickers. If they want to act like little kids then they wouldn't mind little kid toys.
Leave home!
I had two girls come that were about 13. I assumed they were with the two little kids standing in front of them-so when the little kids left...and the girls didn't I said "Oh, Did you guys want some too?" They looked at each other and then at me. They felt really dumb. Eventually facial hair boy will learn that he looks like an idiot. Way to stand your ground! Your costumes are adorable by the way.
Welcome to most tricker treater in our neighboorhood, only a lot are adults without kids and mostly brown, Grant was so furious last night he could barely think straight...I am used to it, it has been that way my whole life.
That's crazy. I told a bunch of kids that they were too old to be out and their reply was "no we're not." If you're gonna smart-ass me, you don't get any candy. (pardon my french) lol So they didn't get any. ha ha
I totally agree! I didn't answer the door much on Halloween but Dan told me there were lots who were clearly too old to be out. I usually keep a bowl of really cheap candy out for those types but I didn't get to it this year. One of my friends talked me in to going Trick or Treating when we were 14 and I quit after about three houses, I thought it was completely humiliating. You'd think they'd be embarrassed, but no.
We were in several big groups with the kids and I noticed that hardly anyone said thank you either. I know it's a little thing but c'mon. Be classy.
Perhaps a cream pie in his face would have been appropriate!
Post a Comment