That was our school year, 199 days. We started 1 August, 2008 and finished 27 May, 2009. Wow! There was good, bad and the ugly, but in all it was a good year. We were all learning something new. Evelyn as the student, me as the teacher. I am so proud of all that Evelyn has learned and accomplished. I know I wasn't always the nicest or easiest mom to deal with as we started this new adventure. We used K-12 for our curriculum and it was the perfect thing for us to start our homeschooling journey with. They sent us everything we would need. We would log in every day to look at our lesson plans and log our attendance. We really haven't stopped doing school. Evelyn does better when we keep at it, even just a little. I decided for 1st grade (that sounds weird, my baby is in 1st grade), we are going to do our own thing though. Now that I have a year under my belt, I decided I wanted to try out some different things. Thanks to some great friends (who's brain's I constantly pick) I found several different curriculum to try. The big box came a few weeks ago and Evelyn was eager to dig in. I got a few things for Sam too. I had never really done much with him, but when we were at my parents in February, I printed up some worksheets for him. He wrote his name like a champ after just showing him once. So he has started his handwriting book and math book. It should be a fun year.
3 comments:
Way to go, what an accomplishment! You are amazing!
As the most organized woman I know, I knew that you would do a fantastic job homeschooling your children. you know, if public school doesn't work out for me--i'm sending my children your way hehehehe
Please keeping forwarding books that you find to me. We have been loving that history book!
You are awesome to home school. Most of us moms look to school so we can get a break :)
Keep it up!
Post a Comment