17 April 2009

Trouble...

Trouble is what he is... Maybe it's a third child thing, I don't know. I don't think my sister was Trouble, she was the Chosen child. Chosen children aren't Trouble. Anyway... He has been the first to climb on top of the kitchen table... I know big deal, but the others didn't do it. He's the first (and hopefully last) to burn his face with Greased Lightening. Apparently he wasn't happy with the current condition of his baby soft face. He is the first to bite, and swallow, the tips off of markers.


This afternoon, when I should have been star ting dinner, I got a phone call. The big kids were watching a show, Trouble got bored with it and went in the other room. Back to the phone call... it was a customer who needed to reschedule an appointment. As I was talking and walking down the hall, I thought... It's awfully quiet, I wonder what Max is doing. Right then and there, I should have stopped and gone to look for him. Instead, I went downstairs and rescheduled the appointment.

When I came back up stairs, I found Trouble in the big kids room, along
with an empty bottle of shampoo . The big kids are taking swimming lessons and today they showered at the pool so that we could run errands. I had asked Evelyn to put the things in her backpack away. She forgot and I didn't follow through... Which leads us to our current mess.

I put him in the tub to contain the mess, he was covered in shampoo. I pulled out the carpet cleaner and filled it with hot water and set it to the rinse cycle. And rinse I did. The carpet and him. (Him in the tub, not with the carpet cleaner.) The water container on the carpet cleaner was filled with bubbles in no time. I emptied it and let things rest for a little while so I could make dinner. After dinner I went over it again, and again, and again... You get the picture. I finally decided I had better let it dry overnight and access the damage further in the morning.

This is definitely one of the those...thank goodness he is cute moments.

7 comments:

Jenna said...

Oh man, that is a mess! I am just waiting for my day to come. Cyrena wasn't one to get into things, but I can see a glimmer of naughtiness in Natalie's eyes already!

Kimberly said...

Oh Max...what a boy. He is dang cute though!

Brittani said...

Oh Max...you crack me up. It is always funny when ti is not your own child!

Karen said...

I was the third child and I was perfect!LOL!It's the fourth child in my family that is trouble! He is still alive because of the cuteness factor!

Mjika said...

I am tired just reading this...but I am laughing the whole time. Don't worry - this is just the beginning...

Amy said...

He is very cute and just like my little Connor. If you go crazy I will be right there with you. Some days I wish I could just tie his hands so that he couldn't get into any trouble. That wouldn't be very motherly now would it?

Unknown said...

you are making me scared to have my third kid in august! lol! i hope trouble calms down for a bit and leaves the shampoo, markers, cleaning supplies, whatever alone for awhile :)